Monday, January 12, 2009

Dark Ages!

I am so excited! After 3 days without a computer I have one again! Well, I technically had one but I didn't have a monitor so getting onto the said computer wouldn't exactly work. It's been nice to spend the last 20 minutes catching up on all that has happened on the world wide web. I didn't really miss much. However, I do have a clean house.

Tomorrow Luke has a clinic appt. I am not super excited because he has been acting sick lately and the dr said to pack a bag in case she wants to hospitalize him. She has said this before but this time I am sorta thinking he needs a short stay. He is throwing up, coughing, having mucousy poops and overall grouchy. I feel like he rarely is happy anymore. It's been a rough week or so. The antibiotics that the dr put him on don't seem to be doing anything so I am thinking he may need something different. We have been doing treatments 4 times a day but that also doesn't seem to be helping.

This is just one of the ups and downs of CF that we face all the time. One day Luke will seem fine and the next, he will be coughing and sick. I understand that it comes with the territory so I am resigned to the fact. I just need to be prepared for anything. Unfortunately, I am not the most flexible person. I am praying that I will gain flexibility this coming year and throughout my life. Having Luke has taught me so many things. Mainly, that we never know what the future holds even though in our heads we have it planned out so perfectly. I tend to freak out when Luke is sick and call my mom and sisters. I think that since I don't know perfectly what is going on that it scares me even more than the boogey man would.

BTW- I am still waiting for the test results from my CVS. I am hoping to have the preliminary results by the end of this week. We shall see....

1 comments:

Deb said...

yep, i have found with cf, you kind of have to just set your dreams aside and let reality be the dream. does that make sense? i'm thinking about you guys and pray luke gets the treatment he needs to get him back in tip-top shape!

keep us posted on your test results!