Monday, April 14, 2008

Home IV's and Other Things

So Luke seems to be doing great with his PICC line so far. I haven't made any major mistakes and his PICC isn't infected. His nurse comes by allot to take care of it and change the dressing but this is soooooo much better than staying in the hospital. We get to relax and be on our schedule and we also get to have privacy, something you don't get at all in the hospital.

Luke and I went to a ladies retreat this past weekend and it was great. It was so refreshing to be around other women that were there for the sole purpose of drawing closer to God. I haven't been able to go to church as much as I would like so getting the Word 3 times a day gave me a real spiritual jolt.

The speaker was great and every session hit home with me. One lesson was about having a quiet spirit while we are going through storms in our life. I struggle with this but I am learning to rejoice that I am going through the trials of life because these trials are making me stronger and more sensitive to God.

I bought some great books so I am super stoked get started on them.

On another note, I am very excited because Dan and I are starting to plan a trip to go see the Creation Museum next month. My mom wants to have a dry run taking care of Luke before September (my lil' sis and I will be going to Spain on a missions trip) and I thought that this would be perfect.

Actually, Dan and I need to get away. It's very hard to lose focus in our marriage with everything that is going on. I think that we need some time away to have fun together and not have to worry about when a certain medicine has to be administered or if Luke is feeling okay. My mom is so good with kids and she helps out with all the little grandkids allot. It is so nice for us to have her because she is one of the few people I trust to watch him. She is such a great example of what a mother and wife should be. I only hope that I can be half as great as her.

I will leave you with some pictures. Maybe tomorrow I will post some of Luke getting an infusion :)

Luke's PICC -not great quality because all are taken with my camera phone

Photobucket

Photobucket

Random pictures of Luke

This is the face he makes when he fake coughs.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

looks like he has a lazy eye here!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Unknown said...

he is so adorable and has the biggest eyes, i LOVE seeing pictures of him. im glad everythings going so well with his treatment and i hope it knocks the mrsa out for good. im glad you got to take some time to get yourself feeling better spiritually (im not a spiritual person, but i know how important it is) and im glad you and dan are going to get to go away for a bit, i know all this has to be putting a huge strain on your relationship. im also glad you have your mum there for you, i know what a help my mum is even though she cant take val for too long (she cant deal with vals issues lol)

i hope you two have a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

I miss my "Peanut". It really looks like he is getting quite pudgy.
I'm glad you bought some good books at the retreat.( I might want to borrow one.) It does my heart good to know that you are seeking God's will for your life. As my children have grown and left, III John 4 has become one of my favorite verses. "I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth."
I miss you guys. Love you!

Blended in Texas said...

Okay mom, you have never left a comment on my blog...not right! =P I see who the favorite grandkid is...