Friday, June 13, 2008

Not again!

Today I am asking for everyone's prayers because Luke is starting to get sick again. I am really praying that it is just a cold and not anything more serious. A cold can land us in the hospital though so I am guess I am praying for a very mild cold that we can get rid of at home.

At his PFT on Monday they told me he was recovering or about to become sick and I think it was the about to become sick that they saw. He has been coughing for a couple of days now and is acting very cranky. He is getting this white discharge out of his nose that he gets every time that he is sick. I am sorta fed up with all of this and feel like crying at the moment. I was hoping that I would have an uneventful summer.

Anyways, I am going to increase his breathing treatments and his airway clearance and pray that helps. It seems like every time that he gets off this certain antibiotic (Bactrim) that he starts to get sick again. Now I understand why CF moms celebrate when their children are off of antibiotics for longer than a week. He is still ona antibiotic (Cipro) but I guess it must be an Cipro resistant strain.

For the people who don't know certain antibiotics are sensitive to certain strains of infections. Luke will be on several antibiotics some times because he has 2-3 strains of infection and they are all sensitive to different anti's. Whenever they culture his sputum (mucous in the throat) they check to see what anti's will work. Sometimes it is a generic infection and most anti's will get it, other times it is a more serious infection and he has to go on iv therapy.

I am praying for no hospital stay this time. We have the Great Strides walk tomorrow so I hope that he will be healthy enough to attend. I am pretty sure he will be because this is a really early sick cough.

I can't wait to live in a world with no more coughs. That will be Glory.

1 comments:

MusicalMommy said...

wow. I didn't know you were so fluent with words. I know it must be hard. I am praying for you. Hopefully Lukie doesn't have to go into the hospital again. Love ya sistah! ~Cassandra